Your electric vehicle charging point:
- Is easy to use and safely allows you to charge your electric vehicle inside or outside your garage or workplace.
- Can be installed with a government grant of up to £500 towards costs.
- Charges your vehicle with only 5% VAT to pay on the electricity used and no fuel duty at all. Conventional fuels such as petrol and diesel are charged at 20% VAT and 57.95p per litre on fuel duty.
- Will be installed by an expert, tested, commissioned and ready to use generally within 1 day.
- Will comply with the IET Code of Practice and the current electrical wiring regulations (17th edition BS 7671 2015).
- Can be combined with Solar PV and Battery storage giving you free charge to your vehicle.
- Benefits business users. See the link at the bottom of the page.
Electric vehicles are becoming more and more popular - We are qualified and authorised to install Electric Charging points to your home or workplace by the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles (OLEV). This means that we can claim up to £500 towards the installation of your charge point.
The process for the installation is:
- Contact Energi NE to check eligibility, survey and free quote.
- Quote and terms accepted.
- Complete installation, turn on and complete installation form.
- Invoice from Energi NE.
For information on more benefits for business users visit:
For a customer guidance on the EV scheme please visit: