Reviewed February 2024
Energi North East Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information. This policy describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after our relationship with you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from the 25th May 2018.
This policy applies to all parties that we have dealings with including our customers and suppliers.
Our contact details
Name: Energi North East Ltd
Address: 2 Mill Hill Close, Brompton, Northallerton, DL6 2QP
Phone Number: 07813011751
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers (your name, address, telephone number and your personal email address.
- Business sector – your email addresses, contact names, contact numbers, your website address and bank account details.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
For our internal record keeping and to contact you if there are any updates about our company’s services that we feel are of benefit to you.
We use the information that you have given us to fulfil our contractual obligation with you.
We may share your information with other service providers for the sole purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you. In these cases, we only provide necessary information that is necessary and, in all cases, have secure contracts in place with our service providers for this sole purpose.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your information are:
- Your consent - You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation with you.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored by us. We use Microsoft 365 for all our email communication and Microsoft One Drive for Business for storing our electronic files. Our website is hosted by Webydo.
We do not capture or store any information about individuals who access our website except where you voluntarily choose to give us your information using our electronic communication form.
We reserve the right to change our service providers at any time and without notice to you however we will ensure that any new provider is fully GDPR compliant.
We will only retain your personal details for as long as is necessary including for the purpose of legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will keep your name and contact details for the duration of our contract with you and for seven years after the completion of your contract. This is in line with the timescales for claims for breach of contract or negligence which can be brought up to 6 years after the event and therefore a legitimate reason to retain your data.
We also offer you a customer guarantee scheme and archive your data for the duration of this guarantee. We will then dispose of your information by deleting it from our secure electronic systems and email trail.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - We use these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can ring us on 0800 043 4606 or write to us at 2 Mill Hill Close, Brompton, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2QP if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Energi North East Ltd, 2 Mill Hill Close, Brompton, Northallerton, DL6 2QP. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by telephone on 07813 011751.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk